I was nominated for The Liebster Award by the lovely Dora of Swift Coffee!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, provide a link to their blog and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that they asked you
- Come up with 11 questions of your own
- Tag 11 bloggers and don’t forget to let them know
- What was the first book you bought for yourself? (can be of your allowance, too, just something you chose and went to buy, not a present from someone)
I honestly do not remember… There have been soooooo many books.
- Was there a period in your life when you didn’t like reading?
Yes. I was reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets because it was a favourite of someone I was very close to and then that person died. Every time I tried to read the books I cried, so I stopped trying and just did not pick anything else up for a while. Funny thing is that the Harry Potter books were also the books that got me back into reading.
- Have you ever tried to write a book yourself? (have you succeeded at finishing it…?)
Yes, I have tried. I have succeeded in finishing short stories, but my planned 60,000+ word stories remain unfinished… for now 😉
- Is there an author you’ve loved ever since you were a child?
Enid Blyton! I still enjoy reading her stories!
- Do you prefer standalone books or series?
It depends on what the story needs. Some stories only need one book to tell their story and these are great when you are looking for a minimal commitment read but some do not have an ending I am satisfied with. Other stories need to be a series and it is great to get immersed in the world but series require commitment and/or long waiting periods.
- Who’s the writer whose books you auto-buy without thinking, even if you don’t know anything else about the book but the author?
- Is there someone in your family who is as passionate about books as you are?
- Are you a member of any book clubs?
No, but I would like to be. Sadly there are not any in my area that meet up at a time I am available and online ones do not work for me as well as I wish they did.
- Do you prefer physical or e-books?
Physical is so much nicer to read, but I am a busy bee these days so sometimes my Kindle is the only way I can read anything.
- What was the book that first made you be completely lost in it?
I think The Magic Faraway Tree when I was maybe six?
- How many books do you own? (if you don’t know the exact/approximate number, you can describe it with e.g. the size of your bookshelves, etc…)
475 at last count. Note, the feature image shows about half of my books.
- Paperbacks or hardcovers?
- What book made you fall in love with reading?
- What has been your longest reading slump?
- What is your favourite book series?
- Who are your favourite authors?
- Have you met any authors? If so, who?
- What is a trope/motif you love?
- If it was guaranteed to be amazing, what book would you like to see adapted into a movie or television show?
- What book (or book title) would you say describes you?
- If you were to write or are writing a book, what genre would/do you write?
- What bookish item (besides books) could you not live without?
- Mikaela – The Riverside Library
- Mel – A Cosy Reading Blog
- Bec – Princess Bec Reads
- Kelly – Wild and Wonderful Reads
- Tracey – Truffle’s Literary Wonders
- Amy – Bookish Heights
- Rae – Thrifty Bibliophile
- Lili – Lili’s Blissful Pages
- Kristina – Books and Dachshunds
- Sam – RiverMoose Reads
- Princess of Pages
Do not feel pressured to do it, but let me know if you decide to give it a go!
Until next time bibliophiles!