Yesterday I posted about a new book of poetry, Every Love by Jann Doe – a pseudonym to protect herself and those she wrote about. I am not usually one to read poetry and I have never tried to review it simply because poetry is so personal, but I could not pass up the opportunity to help promote this collection of poems.
Thanks to Digital Reads Blog Tours for including me on this blog tour.
Title: Every Love
Author: Jann Doe
Genre: Romance – Poetry
Age Classification: Adult
Publisher: Doe Publishing
Release: July 21, 2019
All the poems in this collection showed a different type of love, from young love to self-love. Each poem is unique and conveyed a different story, different emotion, different feel. There were some I connected with more than others, but I think there was a little something for everyone.
I decided to pick some of my favourite poems and tell you all why I liked them so much. This started as a list of twelve that I really connected with, but the below are the five that I felt really spoke to me.
- Fooled Heart – this is a very short poem with a very powerful emotion woven into its simple words.
- Soldier – a beautiful but heartbreaking reminder.
- No Less – raw and honest, this one describes the fear of love with a wonderful twist.
- Shadows – a different perspective of life that has me looking at each day a little differently.
- Scramble – words we all need to read/hear.
Star Rating: ☆☆☆☆
Talk to me!
Do you like poetry?
If so, what other poetry would you recommend to me?
Also, if you give this book a go (which you most certainly should) tell me which poem was your favourite!
Make sure you check out all the other stops on this tour. I have linked all their pages below!
Me – but you are already here!
Until next time bibliophiles!