Goals and TBRs

2020 Goals

Welcome to 2020!

This year we are also starting a new decade, so what better time to start making positive changes to our lives.

  • Read 50 books.
    Same challenge as the past two years and I have ‘won’ both of them, so I am reusing the number and hoping for the best!
  • Finish my WIP!
    As I posted yesterday, this WIP is over 30k words and have the rest of the novel outlined so THIS IS ACHIEVABLE! I just need to sit at my desk and type. Can I do it? We’ll see
  • Post on my blog at least once a week.
    I am expecting a crazy year, so if I can post at least once every week, I will be happy.
  • Rediscover my social media.
    I neglected my social media accounts in 2019 simply because I was not feeling it. They were not bringing me the joy I wanted. I am hoping that this year I can rediscover the fun and maybe post more.
  • Minimal Merch!
    I am hoping not to fail this one but I am way too good at online shopping. I just need to remember that I have A LOT of candles, so many pins that are living in a box, more bookmarks than I could ever need and no wall space left for art prints… Someone stop me!
  • Have a holiday.
    This better happen because I have already paid for about 85% of it… the other 15% will be food, a few fun activities and souvenirs!
    I am also taking a week off to house (and cat) sit for a friend and I think a staycation in November for NaNoWriMo may be nice. All going well, this goal will be easy to achieve.
  • Save money.
    Yes, this was on last years and it did not go as planned. However, building one saved my butt and offered me the opportunity to book a holiday.
    I have a goal for what I need for 2021 plans (yes, I am thinking that far ahead) plus I want to replenish what my health took from my savings account last year. I am not expecting to have a fortune at the end of the year, but if I can manage to pay for my 2021 plans and not be flat broke (like I currently am) then this will be a win!
  • Make positive lifestyle changes.
    My health is not great at the moment and I will be doing everything I can to get better, but I also want to make positive changes to benefit my long term physical and mental health.
    I want to start walking again, at least on the days my body allows for it.
    I want to train my body to be satisfied by healthy snacks rather than craving chocolate mud cake and cookie dough ice cream all. the. time. Why?!
  • Say ‘Yes’ more.
    Towards the end of 2019, I started living like there was no tomorrow. By this, I mean that I said yes to things I probably would have said no to in the past. Although my body aches and some days it feels like my organs are hosting a war, I do not want to miss out on wonderful opportunities even if it is just another great day with the people I care about. So yes, I will come for a swim. Yes, I will go to a concert. Yes, I will try new foods. Yes, I will babysit your cat.

As with last year, there will be quarterly check-ins to track how I am going. I am hopeful and somewhat confident that I will achieve these 2020 goals., but let’s see if positive thinking pays off!

What are some of your 2020 goals!
Let me know in the comments!

Hope you all have a great year bibliophiles!

Amy x

2 thoughts on “2020 Goals”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s